Here at Amazing Smiles, we take pride in embracing all that technology has to offer as we know that it will only benefit the oral health of our valued patients.
This is why today’s dental professionals are increasingly turning to digital dental radiographs (digital X-rays) to better detect, diagnose, treat, and monitor a wide range of oral conditions and diseases.
What is Digital Imaging Technology?
This is a type of X-ray imaging that uses digital X-ray sensors instead of traditional photographic X-ray film. This results in enhanced computer images of teeth, gums, and other oral structures and conditions to give dental professionals a clear picture and assessment of your oral health and requirements.
What can be detected?
- Cavities in between your teeth
- Bone levels
- The overall health of your bone
What are some of the benefits?
- The exposure time for dental radiographs is extremely minimal, up to 50% less than traditional radiographs
- This results in patients only being exposed to one-sixth of radiation levels
- A high level of precision and accuracy as the images are viewed on a computer monitor
- We can easily store patient images which enable us to quickly and easily transfer them to specialists or insurance companies
By using digital imaging technologies at our practice, Dr. Lauvetz-Enmeier can examine the roots and nerves of teeth, diagnose lesions such as cysts or tumors, as well as assess damage when trauma occurs.
As you can see, dental radiographs are invaluable aids in diagnosing, treating, and maintaining dental health.